You might also like:
Tracking your goal to visit all fifty states can be highly enjoyable. Take a look at these ten different and unique ways to track your quest, based upon maps of the United States.
1) Use a unique USA Scratch-Off Map. The USA map is poster sized and makes great wall art. Like a lottery ticket, you scratch off the top layer and a brilliant bottom layer is revealed. We have some available in the Travel Goal Getter Store on sale now for $20 or 2 for $35.
2) Melissa & Doug License Plate Game. In addition to tracking states visited, this also makes a great road trip license plate game where you flip the plates once found. You can pick one up on Amazon or Ebay for under $20. They are highly durable and we've used ours on family road trips for years!
Photo used under creative commons by mil8.
3) The classic pin map!
Photo used under creative commons by daveynin.
4) Collect them all! Relatively inexpensive and easy to find, collect fridge magnets from each state you visit and create a large colorful map on your refrigerator. Other collections may be right up your alley such as shot glasses, spoons, postcards, t-shirts, piggy banks, thimbles, quarters etc. Check our our 50 State Collections board on Pinterest for more ideas.
5) Get Crafty! Make your own map of the USA using materials around the house or with fancy cutouts like in the picture above. A visit to a scrap-booking store would likely point you in the right direction.
Photo used under creative commons by kevin dooley.
6) Rock Collection - This map would take a little more effort to find the right shape for each state but fun nonetheless, especially for rock-hounds.
Photo used under creative commons by Kevin Hutchinson.
7) You may have to visit some car junk yards but a license plate collection is definitely unique! (you may also have to take a sheet metal class to learn how to cut them into a large map of the US!) If you don't want to get dirty searching for plates, thousands are available on Ebay to complete your collection.
Photo used under creative commons by Brett L.
8) I'm not sure if they still use these napkins on Southwest flights but you get the point - just scribble in your states!
9) Tattoo your states! Better get the big states out of the way first! Ouch!
10) We're just a little biased but what list wouldn't be complete without our very own Travel Goal Getter iPad App! Track states visited and 270 countries/territories too! Also, includes tracking for bucket-lists/travel goal lists. Available in the App Store here.
You might also like:
Travel Goal Getter LLC
Copyright © 2012 Travel Goal Getter LLC
Terms & Conditions